latest comments

Waiting On Wednesday (15)

Wednesday, March 21, 2012



"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 


Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1) by Anne Greenwood Brown

Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1)

Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans, killing them to absorb their energy. But this summer the underwater clan targets Jason Hancock out of pure revenge. They blame Hancock for their mother's death and have been waiting a long time for him to return to his family's homestead on the lake. Hancock has a fear of water, so to lure him in, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter, Lily. Easy enough—especially as Calder has lots of practice using his irresistible good looks and charm on unsuspecting girls. Only this time Calder screws everything up: he falls for Lily—just as Lily starts to suspect that there's more to the monsters-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined. And just as his sisters are losing patience with him.

Although I haven't read any yet, I absolutely adore everything about Mermaid books. They have the most gorgeous covers and intriguing plots! I am really looking forward to this one, and can't wait to add it to my bookshelves!

Dive in on June 12th

What books are you waiting for?

5 comments :

  1. Ooohhh. I got this on Netgalley but still hadn't read it though. Need to start on it already.

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-treachery-of-beautiful.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually haven't given any mermaid books a try yet, but I keep seeing this one around and am thinking it might be high time for me to foray into the genre.

    My WoW
    Enter my giveaway here: an April release OR a book of your choice! Two winners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not so much of a fan of mermaid books but the idea of a guy merman is kind of cool. I'll wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I got this from NetGalley, but since it's still a while away I haven't read it yet. I have a lot of books to get to that come out in May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color of this cover is great! I'm a fan of Mermaid books (always reminds me of the little mermaid and I love that Disney movie) and it sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website