latest comments

The List

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The List by Siobhan Vivian
Release Date: April 1st 2012
Publisher: Push
Age Group: YA
Pages: 332
Format: ARC
Source: Souther Book Blogger ARC Tours
Interest:  YA
Challenge: 2012 Reading Challenge
Buy the Book: Amazon


The List
 An intense look at the rules of high school attraction -- and the price that's paid for them.

It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn't matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.

This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, "pretty" and "ugly." And it's also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.









The List is a book I was eager to get my hands on from the moment I first heard about it. I was super excited to read it. Sometimes when I read a book I am so excited about, I get really nervous. Does anyone else ever do that? I get nervous that it won't hold up, not to everyone else's hype, but to my own expectations of awesomeness. The List totally exceeded my expectations. Above and beyond!

The List is the story of 8 teenage girls who attend Mount Washington High. It has been a long standing tradition at Mount Washington that on the last Monday in September, The List is posted all over school. The "LIST" is sort of a who's who, with a total mean girl twist! It's a list of the prettiest and ugliest students in each grade. Whether or not you make the list, seals your fate for the rest of the year! Whether your on the good side, or the bad side of the list, it affects everyone's life for better or worse. Will the school principal get to the bottom of it and find the culprit of the List before any further damage is done? And if she does, will it rock the school and countless friendships to their very core? Trust me when I say, you WILL want to read it to find out!

The List somehow reminded me of that movie, Mean Girls, which I totally love! Although, I have to say The List was so much better! The List wasn't just entertaining, it touched on so many social issues present among teenage girls, family troubles, growing up, and life in general. My heart strings pulled for so many of the girls, and others just made them snap right in half! At times I wanted to curl up on the couch with Breakfast at Tiffany's and a pint of Ben and Jerry's and hug the girls, or some of them anyways. At other times I just wanted to scream and just totally let them have it, which some of they totally deserved. There were times when I laughed, and cried, when my heart ached for the girls and when I was shocked to my core.

The List was an incredible read that I adored! It was a super fast read and the story flowed from the first page to the very last with some shocking twists along the way. The author did such an amazing job and nailed this one perfectly! I can't wait to check out some of her other books!

11 comments :

  1. I really liked this one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me tooo!!! It made me want to run out and buy all her other books! lol

      Delete
  2. Great review! I enjoyed this one too - though not as much as you. To me it was a fun, quick read. It totally reminded me of Mean Girls too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Didn't it? I half expected for a bus to come from the middle of no where and run over a Pretty Girl haha

      Delete
  3. I loved Mean Girls so I think I would like this book. It seems so shallow and wrong, but the idea of reading each girls story is really cool. I have seen a lot of good reviews on this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I really think you'd enjoy this one. I hope you check it out when it comes out!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a really great read. I liked Mean Girls back in the day and if this one has some more serious elements to the plot then it sounds really great.

    Thanks for the great review, I hope you enjoy future books by this author :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read this and saw you mentioned it was like Mean Girls, that was enough for me to want this book already. It looks pretty good. I've seen it around long enough and I love the element of "The List." Who's cool, who's not. All in this list.

    Great Review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kandee! It's just such a fun book and I like how it incorporates deeper issues as well. Absolutely LOVED it!

      Delete
  6. I have been so eager to read this book! I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark the date on your calendar! hehe It's amazing! Like...BUY IT NOW amazing! lol

      Delete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website